Monday 13 February 2012

Waiting

I wonder if everyone else seems to spend most of their waking hours just waiting.

For the last five years or so, as I look back, it seems to be all I have done. This waiting game has now reached a crescendo as I wait for others to come back to me with a decision which will change the course of my working life and subsequent overdue retirement. If it goes as I hope, I will, hopefully, be in a position to retire in a couple of years (unfortunately 44 years after I hoped to originally retire) whereas without it, I have little chance for another ten years or so which will see me well into senile territory. It all depends on other peoples decisions and when they get round to making up their minds.

Add to that the last few years health wise, where I seem to have done nothing but wait around for results of tests and you will see that waiting has become my actual occupation. I have to wait till Friday to get the result of my PSA test today. I am very confident it will be good news but I have to wait and see. Right now, I am writing this, as I am waiting for the carriers to come to take away today's orders. I can lock up and go home then but, until they arrive, I have to wait and keep myself amused.

So. I assume you are all waiting for stuff to happen too. I hope you don't have to wait too long and, when it happens, it is worth the wait. I hate that bloody word.

No comments:

Post a Comment